If you’ve invested in a high-quality wig from Hair Eye Am Beautybar, you’ll want to know how to care for it properly and provide it with the regular maintenance it needs to look amazing every day. When you groom and pamper your wig, its sheen and style will turn heads everywhere you go, and for all the right reasons.
Contact us at (407) 878-9166 to discuss what type of wig would suit you best and get more information on how to care for your hair.
Tips to Sustainably Wash Your Wig
Wigs need to be washed every so often to maintain their quality. Washing your wig can be a daunting task, but we’ve listed below some basic guidelines for cleaning your wig while maintaining its quality.
- Make sure to wash your wig after about 30 wears, or every four to six weeks
- Never use natural hair products on your wig, as this can lead to unwanted frizziness and matting
- Use wig shampoo explicitly designed for wigs to clean it properly without adverse results
- Apply conditioner explicitly formulated for wigs to help soften its dryness and bring out the luster and shine of the wig fibers
Maintenance for Curly Wigs
When you’re looking for a way to have big bouncy curls every day without fail, you can opt for the right curly wig. These wigs require some extra maintenance to ensure they keep their shape and maintain their curls.
A few things to keep in mind when you first receive your curly wig:
- Make sure you don’t disturb or ruffle your curly wig when you extract it from the box
- If the curls in your wig begin at a lower level than the hairline, brush or comb the top but only use your fingers to style the curly parts at the bottom
- Use a hairnet on your wig during your showers
- Apply a leave-in hair conditioner, and then reshape the curls using only your fingers
Nightly Routine for Wig Maintenance
Understanding the elements of bedtime wig maintenance is vital, especially for beginners. This can save you time and money on your wig care and wig purchases in the long run.
Your wig needs a little extra attention when you go to bed at night. If you have custom units or store-bought wigs, take them off every night and store them on a mannequin head. This lets your natural hair breathe and reduces your wig styling time the following day.
However, if you have a sewn-in wig or a full lace front applied using an adhesive, make sure to wear a silk bonnet or scarf to protect your hair overnight and maintain its style.
Hair Eye Am Beautybar Is the Leading Name in Wigs
If you’re looking for wig maintenance products, methods, and techniques, reach out to the experts at Hair Eye Am Beautybar. We’ll help you care for your gorgeous wig, ensuring it’s always ready to help you look your best.
Contact us at (407) 878-9166 to book a consultation with an expert. Whether you’re looking for wig maintenance, construction, or application, we’re confident we can provide what you need.